As has been the case since Lew Fenton first hung his shingle in 1952, our number one priority is the safety and well-being of our people, clients, families and the communities in which we live and work.
While we are focused on the health and safety of our professionals and those around us, we remain committed to delivering top quality legal work and service to our clients. Our remote working capabilities and business continuity plans allow us to continue to provide the highest quality legal work and service even during these challenging times. Our professionals are working remotely with secure network connections. As we attempt to navigate these challenging and uncertain times, we remain committed to your continued success.
We are assessing the situation daily, remaining vigilant and doing our best to follow the letter and spirit of all of the WHO, CDC and government recommendations.
In observance of the Bay Area-wide shelter in place order, we have only a skeleton crew working at our San Jose, San Mateo, and Pleasanton offices to perform the minimum basic operations. We will not be able to host visitors but we will be able to receive and send mail and other deliveries.
Please take care of yourself and your loved ones and let us know if we are able to provide any assistance!
Daniel W. Ballesteros
Rapid Response Team
If you or your team have any questions at all during this time, do not hesitate to reach out to one of our Rapid Response Team Leaders to talk through how Hoge Fenton can support you.
- Interpreting Governor Newsom’s executive shelter in place order as it applies to California businesses
- Interpreting and applying definitions of “Essential Business,” “Essential Infrastructure,” and “Minimum Basic Operations” pursuant to the Bay Area Counties’ Health Officer “Shelter In Place” Orders
- Complying with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Developing and managing a remote workforce
- Compensation for time off due to quarantine, isolation, or “Shelter in Place”
- Employee screenings for COVID-19 symptoms
- Layoffs, furloughs, and reductions in force
- COVID-19 privacy
- Employees’ eligibility for SDI, PFL, and UI benefits through the EDD
- Contract interpretation & compliance
- force majeure provisions
- managing production and supply chain issues
- complying with performance obligations and providing necessary warranties and other assurances
- Consumer messaging parameters in consideration of the CAN-SPAM Act and the TCPA
- Notifications to shareholders of material changes in company performance
- Required notifications to parties regarding financial conditions in financing agreements and other contracts
- Convening the board for adoption of policies that may be material to the operation or existence of the business
- Fund manager responsibilities and duties to investors
- Company and acquirer considerations in M&A transactions
- Debt restructuring & bankruptcy
- Lease interpretation/force majeure/rent abatement
- Interruptions to real estate purchase & sale transactions
- Compliance with existing environmental orders or requirements, such as vapor intrusion mitigation measures
- 1031 exchange deadlines
- Construction contract interpretation
- Property management issues/building operations during shutdowns
- Businesses: tax credit for COVID-19 Sick Time and Paid Family Leave
Trust & Estates
- Emergency Custody or Domestic Violence (DV) Order