Hoge Fenton’s trademark team works with clients to protect their brands in the marketplace and achieve their business goals.
We provide a full range of services in trademark counseling, registration and protection, including:
- International and domestic pre-registration searches to determine the risk level associated with proposed marks
- Analysis of proposed marks, evaluation of their market and legal strengths and weaknesses, and advising as to the risk
- Trademark Audits to assess the strength of client and third party portfolios, including due diligence for mergers and acquisitions
- Strategies for efficiently protecting marks in international markets and management of an international network of trademark counsel and agents
- In-house client training on Trademark Selection, Use and other strategies
- Advice regarding best practices in brand usage for optimal development and maintenance of rights over time
- Monitoring and enforcement — including enforcement actions and defense before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, as well as domain name disputes and matters dealing with cybersquatters
- Negotiation and drafting of trademark licensing agreements, coexistence agreements, and co-branding agreements
- Coordination with customs agencies in the U.S. and abroad to register trademarks with customs and prevent counterfeit products from entering the country
- Review of advertising and marketing copy to identify and address potential legal issues before release
In addition, Hoge Fenton’s IP team handles litigation on both the enforcement and defense sides involving trademark and copyright claims, privacy, breach of contract involving intellectual property rights and other IP and commercial litigation.