Ron C. Finley is a member of Hoge Fenton’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. He has successfully practiced law for more than 20 years, specializing in complex commercial civil litigation, including patent, trade secret, trademark, licensing, unfair competition, antitrust, employment law, and class action matters. Ron is a skilled litigator who has represented corporations, partnerships, and individuals in both state, federal, and appellate courts, including many federal district courts around the US.
Ron advises U.S., Asian, and overseas clients on an array of intellectual property issues that span the semiconductor device and manufacturing equipment industries, including integrated circuits, software, wafer processing and metrology and electro-mechanical devices. He also has successfully defended large corporations in nationwide antitrust and class action cases. His business litigation experience includes contract, indemnity, joint defense, licensing, corporate, employment, and real estate matters. Ron relishes counseling his clients on the nuances of U.S. litigation.
Before joining Hoge Fenton, Ron founded Beck, Bismonte & Finley, LLP, where he was managing partner and practiced for 15 years.
- Class Action
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Law
- Life Sciences & Medical Devices
- Privacy and Data Security
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Trademark Counseling and Protection
- J.D., McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- B.S., B. Ed., Brandon University, Canada
- 3e Degre., Université De Franche-Comté, France
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- The Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- The Supreme Court of the United States
Affiliation & Awards
Ron was formerly an Adjunct Professor of Law at Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco where he taught Patent Litigation.
Martindale-Hubbell has awarded Ron the rating of AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5.0, the highest possible rating. He is a member of the American Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association, and the Santa Clara County Bar Association.