We believe that patent strategy requires a business-minded approach, and that patents should be a source of profit for the company.
Our patent team helps clients protect their innovation and identify ways to maximize their revenue and profits.
Hoge Fenton provides the domestic and international patent prosecution, enforcement, and licensing services:
- Initial invention disclosure
- Building a global innovation protection strategy
- Patent licensing
- Patent enforcement
We draw from our extensive legal experience and technical knowledge to realize our clients’ business goals efficiently and strategically.
Our patent prosecution and counseling services include the following:
- Strategic patent portfolio stewardship: Our focus is on maximizing our clients’ return on investment of their patent portfolio. We work with our clients to assess their needs and tailor patent portfolios to meet them. We work with clients every step of the way from initial invention disclosure, to the mapping out of a global innovation protection strategy, to patent licensing, to the acquisition of their enterprise.
- Tech Transactions, Licensing, and Contracts: We negotiate and draft complex licensing agreements to maximize cash flow, revenue, and profits. Our attorneys regularly draft licenses and contracts for value-added resellers; original-equipment manufacturers; software developers, distributors, and duplicators, including independent contractors hired to develop customized intellectual property.
- Patent disputes such as Post Grant Review (PGR), Inter Partes Reexamination (IPR): While we strive to minimize risk and resolve conflicts through alternative dispute resolution, our attorneys have significant experience defending and asserting patent claims in district court, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- M&A due diligence and counsel: Our attorneys advise clients on mergers and acquisitions involving the transfer of patent and other intellectual property rights, from initial due diligence through closing. We work strategically to help improve our client’s negotiating position and mitigate future risks.