Jenn is an associate in the firm’s Employment practice area. She focuses on matters related to employment practices, including wage & hour advice and litigation, employee leave issues, and defense of harassment and discrimination litigation. In addition, Jenn has substantial experience drafting employer policies, handbooks, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, and settlement agreements. Her practice also includes housing discrimination matters, and general litigation, including contract disputes.
Jenn is a frequent public speaker and regularly presents seminars and trainings on such employment issues as: annual legal updates, complex leave issues, complying with California wage & hour laws, and effective management of employees. She also provides legally mandated anti-harassment trainings and fair housing trainings at our clients’ sites.
- Negotiated favorable settlement of a class action wage and hour lawsuit on behalf of a motel and its owners
- Obtained judgment of dismissal in defense of $5 million indemnity action
- Successfully opposed petitions for writs of mandate to the Sixth District Court of Appeal and petition for review to the California Supreme Court
- Negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of an apparel manufacturer of a multi-million dollar claim for breach of contract and wage/hour violations brought by four plaintiffs
- Obtained through mediation a favorable result for a Silicon Valley technology company in a claim involving racial discrimination and retaliation
- Negotiated favorable settlement of a sexual harassment lawsuit
- Defended businesses in court and before administrative agencies against wage and hour claims for overtime, meal and rest periods, and penalties
- Drafted and updated numerous employee handbooks to ensure compliance with current federal and California employment laws
Jenn is an active member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, currently serving as a member of several committees including the Judiciary Committee, Diversity Committee and Civil Practice Committee. Jenn previously chaired the Diversity Committee in 2012 and co-chaired the Rainbow Committee from 2009-2010. She has also been on the Executive Committee, Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, Law Related Education Committee and the Employment Law Section. Jenn is the author of “Divesting from ‘The Apartheid of the Closet’: Toward an Enriched Legal Discourse of Sexual and Gender Identity” (2007) 38 McGeorge L.Rev. 571. Jenn also participated for four years in the Future Vision mentoring program at Lincoln High School in San Jose.
Jenn was selected as the Santa Clara County Bar Association’s 2011 Barrister of the Year.