Laura C. Riparbelli is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation practice group. Laura’s experience prior to joining Hoge Fenton includes an internship at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security / Transportation Security Administration in the Office of Chief Counsel, an externship with Hon. Hector E. Ramon in the Santa Clara County Superior Court, and an internship in contract management at Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Laura also gained valuable experience as a clerk at Wylie, McBride, Platten, & Renner and Ramsbacher Prokey Leonard, both local Bay Area firms.
A graduate of Santa Clara University School of Law, Laura was an Honors Moot Court Semi-Finalist and named Best Oral Advocate in the preliminary rounds. She was a volunteer at the Katharine & George Alexander Workers’ Rights Clinic, and received a Pro Bono Recognition Award, in part for her work with Catholic Charities where she assisted individuals seeking U.S. citizenship. Laura graduated from Loyola Marymount University, earning her B.A. in Political Science with a minor in Italian.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, Dean’s List
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University, Political Science, cum laude
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of California
Affiliation & Awards
- Member, The Honorable William A. Ingram American Inn of Court
- Member, Litigation Section of the State Bar of California
Speaking & Publications
Representative Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law Seminar: Small Mistakes, Major Consequences…Let’s Hit Rewind, May 31 & June 1, 2018
- Co-Presenter, 2018 Annual Employment Law Update: The Year in Review and Preview, January 17, 18, 24, 2018
- Co-Author, California Adopts New Test for Determining Independent Contractor Classifications, May 8, 2018
- Co-Author, Associates: Tips For Your Very First Trial, Daily Journal, February 21, 2018
- Author, Proposed Rule of Professional Conduct 7.2, Daily Journal, June 9, 2017