Alison Buchanan Speaking at Intellectual Property Institute 2023
By | 10.6.2023 | Business Litigation
Alison Buchanan, Shareholder and Chair of Hoge Fenton’s Business Litigation Practice Group will be speaking at the Intellectual Property Law Institute 2023, presented by the Practising Law Institute (PLI).
Alison will be joining Merri Baldwin, a Shareholder at Rogers Joseph O’Donnell on the panel, Ethics Update for the IP Lawyer, on Friday, November 3, 2023, at 3:45 PM PDT.
After completing this session, attendees will be able to:
- Analyze conflicts and the need for robust conflict-checking systems regarding present and former clients and prosecution subject matter as well as risks of joint representation
- Describe waivers, waivers of future conflicts in engagement letters and client guidelines, and their impact on opinion practice
- Appreciate the duty of candor issues in filings and testimony and the possible interplay with inequitable conduct
- Diagnose ethics and discovery pitfalls, electronic or otherwise
- Appreciate the effect of mistakes by lawyers, mistaken assumptions by lawyers, and the risk of malpractice or other liability encountered in IP practice, including firm policy on opinions
- Assess law firm involvement in required payments to patent authorities, both U.S. and foreign
- Understand the cyber world and practicing remotely in the age of COVID-19 and its aftermath – ethical considerations
PLI’s Intellectual Property Law Institute is a “must-attend” program for IP lawyers. This program provides a complete analysis of key events in all areas of IP, providing updates on cases, legislation, and government agency developments that all IP lawyers need to know. Learn more here.