Jaya Reddy is a member of Hoge Fenton’s Family Law Group. Her practice focuses on complex financial matters, closely-held business interests, large estates, child custody, child support and spousal support disputes, and prenuptial agreements. Jaya is a successful negotiator and trial advocate appearing in court throughout California. She was named a “Northern California Super Lawyers Rising Star” in 2022. Only 2.5% of Northern California attorneys are selected to receive this honor.
Jaya skillfully counsels her clients and assists them in determining strategies for resolution of all family law matters.
Jaya was a judicial intern to Honorable Julie A. Emede, former Supervising Family Court Judge of the Santa Clara County Superior Court. She was an Emery Merit Scholar at Santa Clara University School of Law where she earned her J.D. and made the Dean’s List. Jaya also received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards® in Remedies, and Assisted Reproduction, Cloning, and Genetic Engineering, which are given to the highest-scoring students in each law school course.
Jaya is a Bay Area native active in her community as a legal clinic volunteer and regular speaker for continuing legal education (CLE) courses. She was also published on the topic of international surrogacy in the Santa Clara Journal of International Law.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, English Minor, University of California, Los Angeles
Affiliation & Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyers “Rising Stars,” 2022
- Barrister Volunteer of the Year, Santa Clara County Bar Association, 2021
- Emery Merit Scholar, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2016-2019
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Remedies, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2019
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award®, Assisted Reproduction, Cloning, and Genetic Engineering, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2019
- Vice President of Finance & Development, Asian Pacific American Bar Association – Silicon Valley
- Board of Trustees, Santa Clara County Bar Association
- Member, San Mateo County Bar Association
- Member, South Asian Bar Association – Northern California
Speaking & Publications
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Presenter, Divorce Issues from the Male Perspective (through a Woman’s Lens): The Courtship of Eddie’s Father, Legal Professionals Incorporated, May 20, 2022
- Presenter, Mini-Skirts & [Micro] Aggressions, Santa Clara County Bar Association, March 24, 2022
- Presenter, Negotiations for APA Women Lawyers, Asian Pacific American Bar Association – Silicon Valley, March 31, 2021
- Author, Indian Surrogacy: Ending Cheap Labor, 18 Santa Clara J. of Int’l L. 92, 2020