Fall Employment Law Seminar
By | 09.30.2010 | Firm Post
|Time||8:00 – 10:45 am|
|Location||Pleasanton and San Jose|
Leaves of Absence 101:
Deciphering the Alphabet Soup!
Why This Seminar is Important.
FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL, SDI – what does it all mean? What are California employers required to do in light of federal laws? This session will provide you with the tools you need to understand and comply with these and other leave requirements – critical for any human resources professional or business owner. We will address leaves of absence related to family, medical, pregnancy, disability, voting, school activities, child care, and military service issues.
You will come away with an understanding of:
- how state and federal leave laws are coordinated
- the definition of disability, avoiding discrimination, and reasonable accommodation
- how to address abuse and misuse of leaves of absence
- how to handle intermittent leaves of absence
- how leave requirements apply to telecommuting employees
- how to handle pay, performance evaluation, and benefits issues for an employee on leave
- whether you can terminate an employee who is on leave
- managing an employee’s return to work
Who Should Attend?
Business owners and managers, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, attorneys, human resource professionals, and anyone responsible for hiring, managing, and firing personnel.
Registration fee of $35 includes program materials and a Continental breakfast.
2 hours of Calif. CLE credit in general law will be provided for our attorney attendees. This program may also qualify for human resources CPE.