2015 Employment Law Update
By | 12.5.2014 | Speaking Engagements & Firm Events
|Date||1/28/2015 and 1/29/2015|
|Time||Registration, 7:45-8:00 a.m. Program, 8:00-9:30 a.m.|
|Location||Two locations, Pleasanton and San Jose. See below for addresses.|
We welcome you to attend our 2015 Annual Employment Law Update Seminar. This new year will bring about several important changes in the arena of employee relations and employment law compliance. Between Governor Brown feverishly signing new bills into law and recent developments in case law, employers of all shapes and sizes need to understand how to comply with changes to their employment law obligations. As always, our team of employment law attorneys will be on hand to educate and discuss with you the state of the law, as well as provide valuable insights, to help you stay in compliance in 2015.
The focus of this employment law update will include:
- California’s mandatory paid sick leave law
- Minimum wage increases—statewide and municipal ordinances
- Enforceability of class action waivers in employment arbitration agreements
- San Francisco’s “ban the box” restriction on criminal inquiries in connection with background checks
- Reimbursement for employees’ use of personal cell phones for business purposes
- Anti-bullying training as part of mandatory harassment prevention training for supervisors
- Partial day vacation/sick leave deductions for exempt employees
- Expanded time off for employees serving as “emergency rescue personnel”
- New pregnancy discrimination laws
- Potential franchisor liability for franchisee’s employment law violations
- Increased employer obligations in the event of a data breach
- Employee anti-poaching agreements
- Other critical legislative, administrative, and case law developments affecting California employers
This event is by invitation only — if you’d like to refer someone to attend the event, please first contact us. Thank you!
Sarju A. Naran, Shareholder and Chair – Employment Law
Justine M. Cannon
Who Should Attend
Business owners and managers, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, in-house legal counsel, human resource professionals, trusted advisors, and others responsible for personnel matters.
Dates and Times
The program occurs on two different dates in two locations (see below)
Registration: 7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Program 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. NOTE: This is a new format; we are ending earlier.
Locations — two locations and dates
- Tri-Valley, Pleasanton – Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at Four Points by Sheraton, “Livermore Room,” 5115 Hopyard Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588
- Silicon Valley, Downtown San Jose – Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 2nd Floor, 60 South Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113. Please note that we do not validate parking. Click here for parking alternatives.
- Please contact Patty Blanquies, email@example.com or 408.947.2487 regarding registration.
Registration includes program materials and 1.5 hours of MCLE/CPE.
This program has been approved for 1.50 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.