Steven D. Siner is a member of the Corporate, Real Estate, and Estates and Trusts groups and has served as Hoge Fenton’s Managing Shareholder. For over 35 years, he has represented companies and individuals in myriad business, real estate, and wealth management matters. His typical clients are high net worth individuals, business owners looking to start, grow, sell, or merge their companies, and owners of commercial properties.
Steve’s broad and diverse background ranges from basic and straightforward entity formations to highly sophisticated and complex business and real estate transactions as well as sophisticated estate and succession planning. As a longtime family business owner and former real estate broker, he brings to his clients a unique understanding of a business and property owner’s practical needs.
As a veteran trial attorney, Steve has litigated hundreds of civil matters through the state and federal courts in California. Because of his litigation expertise, he is able to counsel his clients to help them avoid the expensive uncertainties of litigation. He is often consulted by litigation attorneys for assistance on substantive business and financial issues.
In his estate planning and wealth management practice, Steve works with his clients, and their accountants, insurance professionals, and financial advisors, to develop and implement strategies for the protection and transfer of their wealth to successive generations. With the breadth and depth of his experience, Steve is able to effectively address the multitude of issues that arise in personal, business, and real estate matters. A long-time Tri-Valley resident, Steve is also a frequent guest lecturer at UC Berkeley Extension classes for financial planners.
- Business Transactions
- Commercial Leasing
- Corporate & Business Law
- Estates and Trusts
- International Law
- Real Estate and Land Use
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- J.D., Santa Clara University, cum laude
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- U.S. District Court, Central, Eastern & Northern Districts of California
Affiliation & Awards
AV Preeminent® (highest level of professional excellence) Peer Review Rated
CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Representative Matters and Transactions
- Created and implemented multiple complex wealth and succession plans for $50M to $170M estates
- Provided primary legal services for multiple acquisitions for manufacturing, R&D, and service companies
- Established subsidiaries for a regional ice cream manufacturer & distributor
- Negotiated and drafted a lease on behalf of the largest commercial laundry in the U.S., a lessor to Marriott Corporation
- Represented multiple parties in purchase of large tract of land from Union Pacific Railroad
- Alameda County Fairgrounds Association
- Blue Oak Builders, Inc.
- Coates & Sowards, Inc.
- Fremont Bank
- L&W Land Co., Inc.
- Livermore Software Technology, Inc.
- Mechanics Bank
- Milestone Technologies, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley Private Bank N.A.
- MS Wireless
- North Berkeley Properties, Inc.
- Northwest Landscape Maintenance, Inc.
- Opticos Design, Inc.
- Pollack Enterprises
- Ruggeri-Jensen-Azar & Associates
- Wonder Ice Cream
- Zoho Corporation
Speaking & Publications
- Author, Keeping it in the Family: The Benefits and Drawback of a Family Limited Partnership, Crew East Bay, The View – 4th Quarter Edition, 2017