For over fifty years, David has advised real estate Buyers, Sellers, Lenders, and Borrowers. He has advised multiple generations on legal matters related to business operations, cattle ranches, multifamily and commercial properties, and hard money lending. David serves on the Board of TMC Financing, one of the country’s largest SBA lenders.
David served as an adjunct professor at the University of Santa Clara, School of Law in the area of advanced real estate finance and as a Master Instructor for the California Association of Realtors. In addition, he was an instructor at the Professional Realtor’s Institute teaching Agency, Ethics, Contracts, and Legal Issues in Residential Real Estate Transactions.
- Banking & Mortgage
- Business Litigation
- Corporate & Business Law
- Real Estate Receivership
- Real Estate and Land Use
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
Affiliation & Awards
Continuously active in the legal and real estate communities, David is a member of the State Bar of California and the Santa Clara County Bar Association. He served as Past President of the San Jose Real Estate Board Foundation, Chair of the Real Property Section of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, and past Chair of the Education Committee of the San Jose Real Estate Board. David has participated as a Member of the Forms Committee of the California Association of Business Brokers and the California Association of Realtors Form Subcommittee.
- Advising a local private lending group relative to originating and servicing in excess of $25 million in loans
- Advising a developer contractor who has completed in excess of $100 million in finished projects
- Advising one of the largest privately held poultry companies with reference to their leasing, acquisitions, and general business operations
- Advising buyers, sellers, and lenders with reference to multiple apartment, commercial, and land transactions
- Advising banks and private lenders on how to best protect their security in the recent economic downturn
- Represents a family regarding their statewide cattle ranching matters, including sales and acquisitions, leasing, easements, windmill and cell tower leases, fracking concerns, and 1031 exchanges