Employment Law Seminar, Santa Clara – 2017 Annual Employment Law Update: The Year in Review and Preview
By | 01.10.2017 | Speaking Engagements & Firm Events
|Date||January 10th, 2017|
|Time||12:00pm – 2:30pm|
2151 Laurelwood Rd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
|Sarju A. Naran
Shareholder and Chair – Employment Law
|Jennifer M. Protas
Employment Law Seminar
2017 Annual Employment Law Update: The Year in Review and Preview
As we begin the new year, there are several changes in the world of employment law that will have an impact on companies and their HR practices. We will provide an engaging and informative presentation on the state of the law, legislative changes, and developments in case law, as well as provide valuable insights in order to help employers stay in compliance in 2017. Topics will include:
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s new overtime rules for exempt employees
- San Francisco’s paid parental leave ordinance
- Municipal minimum wage and sick leave ordinance updates
- Expansion of the Fair Pay Act to include race and ethnicity
- Employment discrimination statutes
- Overtime pay and meal and rest breaks for agricultural workers
This is an opportunity to look back at the prior year and become aware of what is needed for the new year – start your year off with increased compliance knowledge!
Who Should Attend
Business owners and managers, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, in-house legal counsel, human resource professionals, trusted advisors, and others responsible for personnel matters.
|Hosted by Melita Group
Program Time: 12:00pm – 2:30pm
This event is sold out. Please register for one of the other events.