Business Litigation Chair Alison P. Buchanan Speaking at the Intellectual Property Institute 2021 on October 19, 2021
By | 08.27.2021 | Firm Post
Hoge Fenton Shareholder and Business Litigation Chair Alison P. Buchanan will be speaking at the Practising Law Institute’s Intellectual Property Law Institute 2021 on Tuesday, October 19, 2021, at 3:45 pm PDT.
Panel: Ethics Update for the IP Lawyer
- Conflicts and the need for robust conflict checking systems regarding present and former clients and prosecution subject matter as well as risks of joint representation
- Waivers, waivers of future conflicts in engagement letters and client guidelines and their impact on opinion practice
- Duty of candor issues in filings and testimony and the possible interplay with inequitable conduct
- Ethics and discovery pitfalls, electronic or otherwise
- Mistakes by lawyers, mistaken assumptions by lawyers and the risk of malpractice or other liability encountered in IP practice, including firm policy on opinions
- Law firm involvement in required payments to patent authorities, both U.S. and foreign
- The cyber world and practicing remotely in the age of COVID-19 and its aftermath – ethical considerations
Speakers: Alison P. Buchanan, Merri A. Baldwin
For more details and to register, click here.