We do not have any staff positions open at this time.
Privacy / Data Security Associate – Silicon Valley Office
Hoge Fenton has an immediate opening for a Privacy / Data Security associate attorney. This position is primarily transactions and regulatory compliance work and is based in our Silicon Valley (downtown San Jose) office.
Knowledge and experience in privacy, data security, and related transactions is required. Some litigation experience is a plus. Primary responsibilities include:
- Privacy: Contracts, policies, regulatory compliance, advice & counsel
- Data Security: Contracts, data breach response/management/remediation, information security plans, compliance advice & counsel
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of women, families, and people of any age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity/gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status.
We offer our associates a full array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, EAP (employee assistance program), Technology Credit Union membership, 401(k), the Gradifi student loan repayment benefit, paid parental leave, and a no-accrual vacation policy.
Our environment is collegial, collaborative, and supportive. We provide both formal and informal training opportunities and encourage professional growth, both as a lawyer and a businessperson.
The candidate must have:
- 3+ years of experience as a practicing attorney (or commensurate industry experience), preferably some of which has been in the private law firm environment
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Strong legal and factual research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to excellence in one’s work
- A desire to learn and grow professionally; intellectual curiosity
- Ability to take direction and work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated sound judgment
Although not required, it is helpful if the candidate has familiarity with laws, regulations, and industry standards such as California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) SP800-53 and Cybersecurity Framework, and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) series 27001/2, 27005, 31000.
Must be a current member of the State Bar of California.
If you think you belong on our team, please forward your resume and a writing sample to Grace Carr Lee, Executive Director.