IP/PRIVACY AND DATA SECURITY LEGAL ASSISTANT – FULL-TIME POSITION
We are recruiting for a full-time legal assistant in our downtown San Jose office, effective immediately. This position supports the firm’s team of professionals practicing in the growing, fast-paced, and dynamic areas of Intellectual Property, Privacy and Data Security. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a collegial team of professionals and gain valuable experience in business-critical, emerging areas of law. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Client communication (written and oral)
- Opening new business matters
- Docketing reminders and legal deadlines
- Scheduling client meetings and business development activities, and maintaining attorney calendars
- Typing, editing, proofreading and finalizing documents
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail/shipping
- Organizing & maintaining documents and files
- Preparing attorney expense reports
Superior attention to detail and the ability to prioritize workload is required. Skills in document management systems and other software, including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), and strong keyboarding are a must.
While specific knowledge in IP, Privacy and/or Data Security is not required (we will train), it is a plus. Must be able to think critically, communicate clearly and effectively with others in the firm, and work collaboratively and cooperatively.
College degree is desired.
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of women, families, and people of any age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or gender identity/gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status.
Please submit your cover letter or email and resume to Susan M. Nave, Director of Human Resources: Susan Nave. No phone calls or recruiter submissions, thank you.
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS ASSOCIATE – Silicon Valley OR Tri-Valley Office
Hoge Fenton, a venerable multi-service law firm headquartered in downtown San Jose, has an immediate opening for a junior to mid-level (3-9 years) real estate associate. Although this position is primarily transactional, some real estate litigation experience is helpful.
This position may be based either in San Jose or Pleasanton. Occasional travel to the other office will be necessary as this position supports real estate and land use attorneys in both our office locations.
Hoge Fenton has a strong commitment to diversity. We strive to recruit and retain a work force that welcomes and supports the interests of women, families, and people of any age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, or military or veteran status.
We offer our associates a full array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance, EAP (employee assistance program), Technology Credit Union membership, 401(k), the Gradifi student loan repayment benefit, paid parental leave, teleworking opportunities, and a no-accrual vacation policy.
Our environment is collegial, collaborative, and supportive. We provide both formal and informal training opportunities and encourage professional growth, both as a lawyer and a businessperson.
The successful candidate:
- has previous experience in commercial real estate transactions, including purchase/sale and leasing
- has private law practice experience, with some experience taking responsibility for client matters (with supervision) and disciplined time entry
- will have prior experience independently identifying issues and anticipating/recommending necessary next steps
- possesses strong academic credentials
- has excellent written and oral communication skills
- has strong legal and factual/investigative research skills
- has an exquisite attention to detail and accuracy in one’s work
- has a commitment to excellence and a strong work ethic
- has a desire to learn and grow professionally; intellectual curiosity
- desires to invest in building a future with a mid-sized law firm
Must be a current member of the State Bar of California.
If you think you belong on our team, please forward your resume and a writing sample to Grace Carr Lee, Executive Director. Be sure to include a cover email or letter.