Karl D. Chandler has been a business and corporate attorney for more than 30 years. He advises clients in a broad range of industries, including technology startup companies, manufacturers, professionals, contractors, importers, and distributors. His clients benefit from his expertise in all aspects of business and corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, private securities offerings, entity formation, corporate governance, and contracts.
Technology Startup Companies
Mr. Chandler has represented numerous technology startup companies, including companies engaged in the manufacture and sale of semiconductors, computer network equipment, and test equipment, computer software development and licensing, Internet-based sales of products and services, and biotechnology.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Mr. Chandler has handled more than 100 merger and acquisition transactions, including the following:
- Represented a printed circuit board design company in its $15,000,000 merger into a large contract manufacturer
- Represented a semiconductor manufacturer in its acquisition of exclusive manufacturing and marketing rights to a line of computer chips from an international leader in chip manufacturing
- Represented an international semiconductor manufacturer in its $13,000,000 merger into a publicly traded Internet security software company
- Represented a media company in a $58,000,000 sale of radio station assets to a leading foreign language broadcasting company
- Represented a biotech/medical equipment manufacturer in a $32,500,000 (including earnout) merger with a major international corporation
Mr. Chandler has represented issuers in numerous private placements.
Professional and Civic Activities
Mr. Chandler has been active in the Santa Clara County Bar Association for many years. He is a former chair of its Lawyer Referral Committee, Conference of Delegates Committee, and Business Law/ Business Litigation Section Executive Committee. He received the association’s prestigious Byrl R. Salsman Award, which is presented annually in recognition of contributions to the community and the legal profession.
Mr. Chandler has lectured on mergers and acquisitions, recent developments in business and corporate law, and other topics.