Robert Bleicher has helped his clients successfully resolve complicated and critical issues over the course of his 30-plus years as a business litigation and trial lawyer. As lead trial counsel in complex disputes, Bob has tried and litigated matters involving intellectual property, licensing, business transactions, employment claims, product liability, insurance, construction, transportation, and financial investments. Having served as the lead trial attorney in various “bet the company” cases, Bob is a formidable advocate for his clients.
Bob’s represents businesses in matters involving commercial torts, contract performance, shareholder and member rights, trade secrets and employee mobility, warranty, and unfair business practices before trial and appellate courts and various arbitration forums. Bob also has extensive mediation experience, which is an important part of the litigation process.
Prior to joining Hoge Fenton, Bob was a Director at Carr McClellan P.C. for 14 years and a Partner at Holland & Knight LLP for 6 years.
- Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
B.A. with Honors, Political Economy of Industrial Societies, University of California, Berkeley
U.S. District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern, & Southern Districts of California
District Court, Colorado
U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Affiliation & Awards
- State Bar of California
- San Mateo County Bar Association, Litigation Section
- British American Business Council
- German American Business Association
- ProVisors SF7, Executive Committee
Civic & Charitable
- San Francisco Maritime National Park Association 2013-Present; President, Board of Trustees, 2013-2016
- Nueva School – Hillsborough, CA, Former Trustee
- AV® Preeminent™
- Northern California Super Lawyers, 2019-2023
- Obtained a six-figure jury verdict in an action for breach of reps and warranties in an asset purchase agreement.
- Lead counsel in a bet-the-company arbitration defending a leading-edge telecom software company against breach of license allegations. Award limited to less than 4% of claimant’s demand.
- Lead trial counsel in the successful defense of a global project management company in a $100 million claim involving complex alter ego and conspiracy theories.
- Defended a major Silicon Valley company in three connected trade secret cases involving its leading-edge technology, resulting in a very favorable resolution.
- Lead counsel in a multi-state trade secret claim involving an industrial services company.
- Obtained a very favorable settlement after protracted litigation for the developer of an advanced business application in the medical technology industry.
- Successful defense of design firm resulting in a settlement at less than 16% of the claim on the eve of arbitration.
- Defended major domestic and foreign corporations in employment claims alleging wrongful termination.
- Obtained significant judgment for a major construction contractor in a two-month trial involving a comprehensive hotel renovation project.
- Obtained a very favorable settlement after the first week of a jury trial for a global industrial company in a claim stemming from the catastrophic explosion of a high-pressure oxygen gas line.
- Defended a global industrial company in a multi-million dollar claim involving the design and construction of an industrial facility.
Speaking & Publications
- Damages After Sargon, The California Lawyer, June 2014
- Maintaining Trade Secret Confidentiality in Litigation, Association of Corporate Counsel, San Francisco Bay Area Chapter, Q2 2015 Newsletter
- Principles of Trade Secret Protection in California, GGI Insider Magazine, July 2015
- Non-Compete Agreements in California, GGI Insider Magazine, January 2016
- Panelist, Building your Big Tent: Office Build-Outs, Association of Corporate Counsel, November 2014
- Panelist, Strategic Considerations in Arbitration and Judicial References, GGI World Conference, Boston, October 2015