Employment Law Seminar – A Wage & Hour Seminar
By | 09.27.2016 | Speaking Engagements & Firm Events
|Time||7:45 a.m. Registration, 8:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Program|
|Location||Tuesday, September 27th – Four Points by Sheraton Pleasanton, San Ramon Room, 5115 Hopyard Rd, Pleasanton, CA 94588
Wednesday, September 28th – Hoge Fenton Office, 60 South Market Street, 2nd Floor, San Jose, CA 95113
Finally, A Wage & Hour Seminar…It’s About Time
Wage and hour law has changed over time (pun intended). Join us for an interactive presentation on the current state of the law, sticky issues, and best practices. We will be facilitating the discussion through real-time voting and polling technology, so please bring your smart phone (or other wifi enabled device). Test your knowledge, rock the vote, and learn how to avoid one of the most dreaded but common types of lawsuits for California employers! Among other issues, we will cover:
- The DOL’s amended salary threshold for overtime exemption
- Exempt vs. non-exempt classifications
- Independent contractors vs. employees
- Meal and rest break challenges
- “Off the clock” work
- Class and PAGA (Private Attorney General Act) claims
Who Should Attend
Business owners and managers, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, in-house legal counsel, human resource professionals, trusted advisors, and others responsible for personnel matters.
- $35 for non-Hoge Fenton clients – Click on the date/link below to register
- Hoge Fenton clients – no charge. Please contact Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.947.2487, to reserve a spot.
Registration includes program materials, 2.5 hours of MCLE / CPE, and a continental breakfast.
This program has been approved for 2.5 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.