Eugene (Geno) Ashley is a member of our Business Litigation and Real Estate groups. Geno has built his career counseling and advocating on behalf of his business clients in significant matters. A veteran trial lawyer, Geno’s experience ranges from “bet the company” lawsuits with multi-million-dollar outcomes, to prosecuting and defending actions arising out of contracts and business torts, unfair business practices and trade secrets claims, and construction and real estate disputes.
Geno represents public and privately held corporations, businesses and individuals with intellectual property litigation and counseling, as well as general business and real estate litigation. He has extensive experience in all facets of litigation, including trial. Geno has chaired numerous bench and jury trials, in addition to helping to guide clients through arbitration and settlements.
Prior to joining Hoge Fenton, Geno was a shareholder at Hopkins & Carley. In addition to being a member of the firm’s Litigation group, he served as the firm’s General Counsel handling insurance disputes and professional malpractice claims.
Geno is a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association. He currently serves as a member of the Directors of the SVO (formerly the San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce), and serves as the SVO General Counsel.
- Banking & Mortgage
- Business Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences & Medical Devices
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate and Land Use
- J.D., University of the Pacific – McGeorge School of Law
- B.A., University of California at Santa Barbara and Richmond College, The American International University in London, (Political Science)
- United States District Court, Northern, Central, Southern, and Eastern Districts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals