Kathryn G. Spelman is an attorney in the firm’s Business Litigation practice group. With over 24 years of experience as a civil litigator and trial lawyer, Kathryn represents and counsels domestic and international, private and public companies and individuals in a variety of intellectual property matters, business disputes, and complex business relationships.
Her experience as a trial attorney and in private mediation and arbitration gives her a unique perspective and approach to achieving client goals. Her keen ability to apply practical judgment and strategic decision-making advances her clients’ interests and achieves positive economic results.
Kathryn was most recently with Mount Spelman PC in their San Jose office.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law
- B.A., California State University at Chico
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Affiliation & Awards
Professional and Community Activities
Kathryn is a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and an observer member or the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA). She travels frequently to Taiwan for both business and pleasure and has enjoyed several extended stays in Taiwan with her family.
Kathryn is a dedicated member of the community. She has served on numerous advisory groups and boards.
Speaking & Publications
- Speaker, Intellectual Property (IP) Essentials for Emerging Businesses, ASL Emerging Business Group, February 23, 2017