Jim Cummins is a litigation associate in the firm’s San Jose office. His practice is focused on disputes involving real estate, title issues, business, commercial collections, and estates and trusts, from administrative proceedings to mediation and arbitration to trial and beyond. He is experienced in case investigation and assessment, pre-trial dispute resolution, formal discovery, trial, post-trial, and appellate matters. Whether the client is an individual or a multi-million dollar corporation, Jim’s commitment to advocacy of one’s legal rights – along with outstanding client service – remains the same.
Prior to joining Hoge Fenton, Jim worked with the law firms of Schuering Zimmerman & Doyle in Sacramento and Mitchell, Gingerich & Loquaci in San Jose.
- J.D., Santa Clara University, School of Law
- B.A., Philosophy, emphasizing Ethics, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District
Affiliation & Awards
Jim is a member of the State Bar of California, Sacramento County Bar Association.
Speaking & Publications
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Co-Author, Probate Court Closed to Disinherited Trust Beneficiaries, Daily Journal, September 27, 2018
- Speaker, Drafting Petitions and Responses, East Bay Trust and Estates Lawyers Litigation Boot Camp, September 12, 2018
- Speaker, Undue Influence in Will and Trust Contests Under Probate Code §86, Tri-Valley Estate Planning Council, Pleasanton, CA, March 1st, 2018
- Speaker, Undue Influence in Will and Trust Contests Under Probate Code §86, Marin County Estate Planning Council, San Rafael, CA, September 13th, 2017
- Speaker, Undue Influence Contest in Will and Trust Litigation PROBATE CODE §86 AND FAMILY CODE §721, EACBA Monthly MCLE Luncheon, Pleasanton, CA, March 16th, 2017