Giuliana Ferrante is an accomplished litigator who represents her clients through all stages of litigation, from initial case evaluation to appeals.
Giuliana’s experience revolves around using nuance in law and contracts to create innovative strategies for resolving her clients’ legal disputes. Giuliana’s passion for the law and its creation led her to become a leading member of the firm’s Appellate Practice Group.
As a bar-certified law clerk, Giuliana prevailed on several county-level criminal appellate matters involving First Amendment speech rights and Fourteenth Amendment Due Process rights, including those involving trespassing on local businesses. Two notable cases include The People of the State of California v. Jerry Henry (15AP00002) and The People of the State of California v. James Purcell (AP001809).
An appellate case Giuliana won, Travelers Prop. Cas. Co. of Am. v. Workers’ Comp. Appeals Bd., (2019) 40 Cal.App.5th 728, on issues of insurance contract interpretation, was certified by the Court for publication.
Giuliana is a core member of Hoge Fenton’s Real Estate and Land Use practice group, where her experience chartering new and rarely explored areas of the law through her Appellate practice led to her expertise in interpreting the rapidly evolving eviction moratorium laws, commercial lease disputes, and residential “Just Cause” laws at state and local levels.
Above handling intricate appellate matters, Giuliana’s trial litigation practice focuses on real estate, business litigation, and other commercial disputes, primarily those involving real estate. Giuliana also offers consulting services for trial counsel looking to preserve issues for appeal. Giuliana has first-chaired several civil trials, achieving successful judgments for her clients.
- Business Litigation
- Ethics and Professional Liability
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Real Estate and Land Use
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.S., University of San Francisco, English Writing, Language & Culture, Pre-Law Minor
- U.S. District Court, Central, Eastern, Northern & Southern Districts of California
Speaking & Publications
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Co-Presenter, Tenant & Landlord Rep-Best Practices During the Moratorium, Commercial Brokers Association, March 24, 2021
- Co-Author, COVID Rental Relief Funding for Landlords and Tenants, Hoge Fenton, March 22, 2021
- Co-Author, New Eviction Moratorium and Rental Assistance, Hoge Fenton, February 4, 2021
- Author, Residential Landlords Required to Send Tenants Notice, Hoge Fenton September 23, 2020