Embert P. Madison, Jr. is a real estate associate and his practice focuses on real estate, business transactions, and cannabis regulation. He has represented clients in commercial real estate transactions throughout California, Texas, and Florida.
Embert has extensive cannabis regulatory experience representing both local governments and private businesses. He has drafted cannabis business and zoning regulations for nine cities in Northern and Central California, and represented these entities during public hearings, private negotiations, and in cannabis related litigation. As a trusted cannabis advisor, Embert has vetted dozens of cannabis businesses on behalf of municipal clients during the request for qualifications (RFQ) process. He also represents numerous cannabis businesses as outside general counsel.
Embert started his legal career spending several years as an attorney in the California Capitol. During this time, he toed the political ropes in the areas of taxation, employment, and real estate for a California Assembly Member and in the Office of Legislative Counsel.
- Business Transactions
- Commercial Leasing
- Corporate & Business Law
- Real Estate and Land Use
- J.D., University of California at Davis
- B.A., University of California at Riverside, English
Affiliation & Awards
- California Real Estate Broker #01921577
- Board Member, Black Youth Leadership Program
- Member, Wiley W. Manual Bar Association
- Member, California Association of Black Lawyers
- Special Counsel to Los Rios Community College District
- Commercial lease representation for national food franchise