Daniel J. Marsh is an experienced litigator. He assists clients with all types of business and real estate litigation matters, including complex corporate and partnership disputes, contract disputes, property damage claims, and professional liability matters. In addition, he has specific expertise in business insurance coverage and insurance bad faith litigation.
Prior to joining Hoge Fenton, Daniel worked at Willoughby, Stuart, Bening & Cook in San Jose as a litigation associate, as well as the law firm of Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP in San Francisco.
Daniel is a graduate of the University of California at Davis School of Law and earned his B.A. in History and Political Science, cum laude, from Loyola Marymount University. Before law school, Daniel spent two years working for the United States Peace Corps in Mali assessing and addressing the needs of the community through sustainability projects. He also spent a summer in Sierra Leone promoting legal infrastructure and the rule of law by providing legal resources and dispute resolution within targeted communities.
Daniel is an active member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and the American Inns of Court.
- J.D., University of California, Davis School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Loyola Marymount University, 2006
Affiliation & Awards
Speaking & Publications
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Author, Does Insurance Cover COVID-19 Related Losses?, Hoge Fenton, October 8, 2020
- Co-Author, Limitations on “Pay-When-Paid” Clauses in Construction Contracts, Hoge Fenton, June 12, 2020
- Everything You Need to Know About Your Business Client’s Insurance Coverage, The Santa Clara County Bar Association’s Insurance Law Section, August 22, 2019