Clare Capaccioli Velasquez is an associate in the firm’s Trusts and Estate Litigation Practice Group. She works closely with her clients in all stages of litigation including counseling and advising through mediation and trial. Clare also has relevant experience with Trust and Probate disputes in cases involving financial elder abuse, will and trust contests involving issues of capacity and undue influence, breach of fiduciary duties, removal and surcharge actions, reformation, construction and modification issues, and recovery of trust assets.
Clare’s experience includes representation of clients in various general and complex litigation matters, from business disputes to mass tort and consumer right claims. Clare has been actively involved in the San Mateo County Trial Lawyers’ Association and has served on its board of directors for the past six years.
Prior to joining Hoge Fenton, Clare was a senior litigation attorney at Corey, Luzaich, de Ghetaldi & Riddle LLP, an estate planning and civil litigation law firm.
Clare earned her B.A. in International Relations and Economics at the University of Southern California. While at USC, she was a member of the Trojan Debate Squad, and represented USC at many national competitions and public events. Clare graduated from the University of San Francisco School of Law. While in law school, she earned her Business Law Certificate, was on the Appellate Advocacy Team and worked for a San Francisco law firm in the field of business litigation.
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
- B.A., University of Southern California, International Relations, Economics
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
Affiliation & Awards
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Member, San Mateo County Bar Association (Estate Planning/Probate Section)
- Member, San Mateo County Bar Association (Business Litigation Section)
- Vice President, San Mateo County Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Consumer Attorneys of California
Speaking & Publications
- Author, My First Trial: Long Discovery Avoids Surprises in the Courtroom, Plaintiff’s Magazine, Feb 2016