Ashlee Cherry is a Senior Associate in Hoge Fenton’s Business Litigation Practice Group. Ashlee is an aggressive litigator with a wide-ranging practice, which includes business, employment, and real estate disputes and litigating wage and hour class actions and representative actions.
Ashlee adeptly navigates all phases of litigation. She frequently prepares and argues challenges to initial pleadings, discovery disputes, and dispositive motions, and she confidently handles all facets of the written and oral discovery process. Ashlee’s experience also includes defending clients in administrative trials before the California Labor Commissioner and the Department of Real Estate.
Prior to joining Hoge Fenton, Ashlee was an associate with a boutique plaintiff-side employment litigation firm. Ashlee’s experience as a plaintiff-side litigator provides her with invaluable insight and perspective that she frequently draws on when defending clients.
Ashlee is the Chair and a founding member of Hoge Fenton’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, which is focused on creating and maintaining an environment at Hoge Fenton that is diverse in thought, background, experience, and demographic.
Ashlee received her J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law, where she was a recipient of the Emery Merit Scholarship and Bernice and Saul Manaster Scholarship Fund. Ashlee received several Pro Bono Recognition Awards during law school for her pro bono volunteer work, which included her work with Catholic Charities where she led civics classes for individuals seeking U.S. citizenship. Additionally, she was an Honors Moot Court quarterfinalist.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, Dean’s List
- B.A., Communication, University of California, Santa Barbara
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court of the Eastern District of California
Affiliation & Awards
- Member, The Honorable William A. Ingram American Inn of Court
- Member, Santa Clara County Bar Association
Speaking & Publications
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Co-Presenter, Litigation in Reverse, October 27, 2020
- Author, Supreme Court Extends Protection for Gay and Transgender Workers, June 25, 2020
- Co-Presenter, Managing a Remote Workforce, May 20, 2020
- Co-Presenter, New Paid Leave Benefits For Employees, March 20, 2020
- Co-Presenter, 2020 Annual Employment Law Update: The Year in Review & Preview, January 15, 16, 21, 2020
- Author, AB 5: Worker Classification, Daily Journal, January 8, 2020
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law Seminar: Bullying in the Workplace, October 16, 17, 2019
- Co-Presenter, High-Risk Employees: Avoiding Pitfalls and Protecting the Company, May 15, 16, 2019
- Co-Presenter, 2019 Annual Employment Law Update: The Year in Review and Preview, January 29, 30, 31, 2019
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law Seminar: Successfully Employing and Managing a Mobile Workforce, September 11 & 12, 2018
- Author, California’s New Prohibition on Asking for Employment Candidates’ Prior Pay History, Daily Journal, July 18, 2018
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law Seminar: Small Mistakes, Major Consequences…Let’s Hit Rewind, May 31 & June 1, 2018