Ashlee Cherry represents clients with employment law needs ranging from wage and hour disputes and wrongful termination to disability and leave matters. She is also experienced in litigating and resolving disputes. Ashlee is a board member of the Santa Clara County Employer Advisory Council (EAC).
Prior to joining Hoge Fenton, she was an associate at the Law Offices of Jeremy Pasternak, a boutique firm focused on employment disputes. Before working at the Law Offices of Jeremy Pasternak, Ashlee clerked at the United States Attorney’s Office in the Civil Division in San Jose, gaining valuable experience in civil litigation matters, including employment. In 2015, she also clerked at the United States Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement in San Francisco, where she focused on immigration litigation.
Ashlee received her J.D. at Santa Clara University School of Law and was an Emery Merit Scholarship recipient. She served as an academic fellow in Santa Clara Law’s Academic Success program, mentoring first-year law students, participated in Santa Clara Law’s Honors Moot Court Competition, and was involved in the Women and Law Association.
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, Communication
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
Speaking & Publications
Speaking Engagements & Publications
- Author, Supreme Court Extends Protection for Gay and Transgender Workers, June 25, 2020
- Co-Presenter, Managing a Remote Workforce, May 20, 2020
- Co-Presenter, New Paid Leave Benefits For Employees, March 20, 2020
- Co-Presenter, 2020 Annual Employment Law Update: The Year in Review & Preview, January 15, 16, 21, 2020
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law Seminar: Bullying in the Workplace, October 16, 17, 2019
- Co-Presenter, High-Risk Employees: Avoiding Pitfalls and Protecting the Company, May 15, 16, 2019
- Co-Presenter, 2019 Annual Employment Law Update: The Year in Review and Preview, January 29, 30, 31, 2019
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law Seminar: Successfully Employing and Managing a Mobile Workforce, September 11 & 12, 2018
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law Seminar: Small Mistakes, Major Consequences…Let’s Hit Rewind, May 31 & June 1, 2018