Alfredo Bismonte is a member of Hoge Fenton’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. Alfredo is an experienced litigator who specializes in patent litigation, licensing disputes, commercial litigation, insurance coverage, and real estate disputes.
Alfredo represents clients in various industries including medical devices, sport product patents, computer input devices, wafer bumping, trade secret, and super I/O devices. Previously, he was an associate at Heller Ehrman’s Los Angeles office, where he handled complex commercial litigation matters. He was the first lawyer sponsored by that office to be an acting Assistant District Attorney, a role that enabled Alfredo to develop substantial jury trial experience.
Alfredo is fluent in Tagalog and has deep Pan-Asian roots. Alfredo lived and worked in Hong Kong as an attorney. He also developed real estate in the Philippines. Alfredo routinely counsels Asian-based companies involved in litigation in the United States. Alfredo is an active leader in his local Boy Scouts of America unit.
- Business Litigation
- Class Action
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Privacy and Data Security
- Trademark Counseling and Protection
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School
- B.A., Northwestern University
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth and Federal Circuits
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Represented defendant in the patent case that was the most quickly disposed of by judgment on the merits in the Northern District of California in 2005, Wham-O v. Sport Dimension, 398 F.Supp. 2d 1081 (ND Cal. 2005).
- Successfully represented Taiwan-based laptop companies in a dozen patent cases as sole targets and as parts of a group of defendants.
- Represented an endoscopic surgery company in enforcing patent rights in five cases yielding multi-million dollar recoveries for the client.
- Obtained litigation insurance coverage for clients in trademark and copyright cases.