Natasha Parrett limits her practice to family law and is the chair of the firm’s Family Law Group. She is a Certified Specialist in Family Law as certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Natasha is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses on complex marital dissolutions, particularly those involving large assets and complex financial estates, closely held businesses, and sophisticated executive compensation packages. Natasha also handles all aspects of child custody disputes, child and spousal support requests, independent and step-parent adoptions, domestic violence petitions, and guardianship applications. She also prepares and negotiates pre-marital and post-marital agreements.
Natasha’s representation focuses on the individual needs and desires of each client. She represents clients throughout the greater bay area.
Natasha was named a “Northern California Super Lawyer” for 2015, as chosen by her peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics and San Francisco Magazine. She was selected to the 2009, 2010, 2013, and 2014 “Northern California Rising Stars,” a listing of top lawyers under the age of 40 who have been in practice 10 years or less as chosen by her peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics and San Francisco Magazine. In 2011, Natasha was honored as one of the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s 100 Women of Influence.
Natasha began her legal career in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps for the United States Navy, first as a trial defense lawyer handling bench and jury trials in serious criminal cases, then as a Federal Tort Claims attorney defending the U.S. against such claims as wrongful death, medical malpractice, personal injury, and property damage. She continued her career with the City of New York as a litigator in the Manhattan Family Court representing the New York City in serious child abuse and neglect cases.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law
- B.A., History, University of California, Berkeley
- Military Courts
- New York
Affiliation & Awards
Natasha is a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association and the Association of the Bar of New York City. She is a mentor to at risk youth through the Future Visions program at Lincoln High School in San Jose. Natasha is a graduate of the San Jose Chamber of Commerce Community Leadership San Jose program. She serves on the boards for Lincoln Foundation and Families Adopting in Response.
- Negotiated a $4 million cash settlement in an intensely litigated dissolution
- Obtained an order for no spousal support to a non working wife for an extremely high income earner
- Successfully defended against a husband’s separate property claim to house sale proceeds
- Affirmed as separate property interest wife’s pre-, and during marriage, stock options
- Drafted prenuptial agreements for high-asset individuals
- Successfully restored visitation with children to husband after domestic violence allegations
- Successfully negotiated a below-guideline child support order for professional athlete