Nancy supports technology companies from initial corporate formation to growth and exit, and focuses her practice on venture capital financings, strategic acquisitions and dispositions, restructuring and strategic alliances, including joint ventures and co-development, and technology transactions of all types. She operates internationally and has assisted technology companies in their transactions around the world, specifically in the U.S., Germany, Italy, France, the U.K. and Japan.
Nancy was formerly director of M&A for a public company and chief legal officer for a privately held technology company based in Northern California. Having had many years of business experience, Nancy is able to provide customized legal services that are aligned with business objectives. She also drafts and negotiates technology and content license agreements, distribution agreements, manufacturing services agreements and other supply chain agreements, joint development agreements, private label agreements and other commercial and technology transactions.
Nancy was previously an associate in the Private Equity practice at the international law firm of Jones Day and an associate in the Technology Transactions practice at O’Melveny & Myers.
- Represented a technology company in its $82 million sale and disposition of its fabrication facilities £21 million sale of and real estate in the U.K.
- Represented a technology company in its $58 million (subject to contingent payments) sale of its SMS business to a French fabless semiconductor company
- Represented a German technology company in its $70 million acquisition of a fabrication facility and real estate in Italy
- Represented a Japanese software company in its $30 million venture capital financing with various U.S. and Japanese strategic and financial investors
- Represented a microcontroller company in its acquisition of intellectual property assets from a Russian software company
- Represented a Japanese conglomerate in its sale of Internet and e-commerce assets to a U.S. networking company
- Represented venture capital funds in their portfolio investments in Internet startups and acted as general corporate counsel to those startups
- “When Initial M&A Negotiations Break Down,” San Francisco Daily Journal, October 2013
- “License Agreements in M&A Transactions: Why Licenses May Not Vest in the Surviving Entity,” The M&A Lawyer, June 2005
Originally from Japan, Nancy is fluent in Japanese and often gives presentations in Japanese or English on U.S.-Japan relations. Nancy has been a guest lecturer at Georgetown University and Stanford University.
Nancy is a member of the Business Law and Intellectual Property Law Sections of the Bar Association of the State of California. She is an active member of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) and the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Silicon Valley (APABA-SV).