Hoge Fenton was established in 1952 as “Hoge and Fenton” by J. Hampton Hoge and Lewis Fenton. Bud Jones joined the firm about a year later, and John Appel in 1955 when the firm became known as “Hoge Fenton Jones & Appel.” Historically renowned for our trial advocacy, several members of the firm have gone on to serve on the Superior Court, U.S. District Court and California Court of Appeal benches, and one has served as the California State Bar President.
Hoge Fenton has a long and strong tradition of commitment to our local communities. Our members serve on a number of local nonprofit boards and provide pro bono legal service to those in need. The firm has a similar commitment to the legal community and, over the years, we have been recognized for such leadership and dedication. Hoge Fenton is proud that many of its members have served in significant leadership roles in the Alameda County Bar Association, Santa Clara County Bar Association, and the State Bar of California. Thirteen of our alumni have served or are currently serving on the Bench: eight in Santa Clara County Superior Court, two in Monterey County Superior Court, one in the California Court of Appeal, and two in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
We are, and always aspire to be:
Trusted by our clients
and the community
A benefit to
Committed to the